Find all of the following, explained in plain-English:
- How your Social Security retirement benefits, spousal benefits, and widow/widower benefits are calculated
- How your benefits are affected if you have a government pension or if you continue working while claiming Social Security
- How to decide when is the best age for you (and your spouse, if you're married) to claim Social Security in order to get the most out of your benefits
- Whether or not it makes sense to take Social Security early in order to invest the money
- How to check your earnings record on the Social Security Administration's website to make sure you're getting the full benefit you deserve
- How Social Security benefits are taxed and how this affects retirement tax planning
Please note that this book does not cover Social Security disability benefits or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).